Welcome back BookTasty readers!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week they post a theme to create our lists by but since it’s the beginning of a new month, like usual, I’m focusing on the brand spanking new releases for February!
So, let’s see what new delicious treats February brings us!
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicle #2) by Marissa Meyer (Feb. 5)
City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster (Feb. 5)
The Whole Stupid Way We Are by N. Griffin (Feb. 5)
Pieces by Chris Lynch (Feb. 5)
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (Feb. 5)
Big Nate Flips Out (Big Nate #5) by Lincoln Pierce (Feb. 5)
The Trap Door (Infinity Ring #3) by Lisa McMann (Feb. 5)
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3) by Ally Carter (Feb. 5)
Pivot Point by Kasie West (Feb. 12)
Mind Games by Kiersten White (Feb. 19)
Don’t all of these look super interesting?! I just want to buy all the new books each month, but it’s probably best that I don’t have the moolah because really…where would I keep all those books?!
Before we get started I want to wish my awesome husband a Happy Happy Birthday! Yeah, he’s pretty cool!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish so that us book bloggers can talk even more about what we love best, books and all things bookish!
This week’s Top Ten theme is Books for People Who Like X Author. I chose to focus on the middle grade side of things this week and am providing you with a list of books you might like if you enjoy Jeff Kinney’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. The Wimpy Kid books are wildly successful all over (I know the copies in my Media Center are never on the shelf!) and some of those readers might be looking for read-alike books to dig into.
Well, fear not because today I have a list of Books for People Who Like Jeff Kinney! These are all books that are written in a journal-like style and often include little drawings and doodles that add to the story. I will include an asterisk (*) next to the titles I have read. If it doesn’t have an asterisk, I still recommend the title because I’ve heard great things about it!
1. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger *
2. The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell *
3. Dear Dumb Diary by
4. The Loser List by H.N. Kowitt
5. Charlie Joe Jackson’s Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald *
6. Big Nate by Lincoln Peirce *
7. Middle School is Worse than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm
8. Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
9. The Boy Project by Kami Kinard *
10. Journal of a Schoolyard Bully: Notes on Noogies, Wet Willies and Wedgies by Farley Katz
Hopefully this will help guide your own future reading or help you pick books out for the middle grade reader in your life!
Well, hello there!
So, its not quite March yet but it is time to showcase some of the books that will be released in March! This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is focused on March new releases! Now, there are obviously more than ten new releases in March, but these are some that I’m particularly excited about. Its time for the list so, here it is!
1. Storm Runners: Eruption by Roland Smith (March 1)
2. Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould (March 13)
3. Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5) by Ally Carter (March 13)
4. Big Nate Goes for Broke by Lincoln Peirce (March 20)
5. Dead Is a Battlefield (Dead Is #6) by Marlene Perez (March 6)
6. Chomp by Carl Hiaasen (March 27)
7. Pinch Hit by Tim Greene (March 20)
8. A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (March 20)
9. The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Series #3) by Peter Lerangis (March 6)
10. Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter (March 27)
Like I said, there are tons of new releases in March. Are there any newbies you’re excited about that I didn’t mention?