I just put up my Halloween book display!!
And the back:
The fall Book Fair is in full swing in my Media Center. We’ve been open for a full two days, and already I’ve had to order some title restocks, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow or else the natives may revolt! This week’s Top Ten will list the ten most popular sellers at our fall book fair.
Well, I don’t know what you read this summer, so I can’t write about that.
But, I do know what I read this past summer. I was busy alright! This is not a Top Ten today, it’s a list of the twenty (yes twenty) books I read this summer.
1. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
2. Rumors by Anna Godbersen
3. Dark Life by Kat Falls
4. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
5. The Prince of Fenway Park by Julianna Baggott
6. Flawed Dogs: The Shocking Raid of Westminster by Berkley Breathed
8. Pemba’s Song: A Ghost Story by Tonya Hegamin and Marilyn Nelson
9. Scat by Carl Hiaasen
10. Alibi Junior High by Greg Logsted
11. The Day of the Pelican by Katherine Paterson
12. Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen
14. Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
15. Jolted: Newton Starker’s Rules for Survival by Arther Slade
16. Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor
17. Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
19. I’d Tell You I Love You, but Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
20. The Help by Katheryn Stockett (The only adult fiction I read all summer!)
Something sinister is stalking the streets of Hidden Hills…
Fourteen year old Toby was just trying to find a job to cure his summer time blues. Little did he know that a simple job making specialty pizzas would turn into the most dangerous and exciting summer of his life.
Toby and two other teens, Annabel and Strobe, get hired at Hidden Hill’s brand new take out place, Killer Pizza. The training is difficult, as Toby and the others learn recipes, kitchen skills and team work.
In the meantime, people in Hidden Hills are being attacked by a creature they can’t describe. Soon, Toby, Annabel and Strobe realize that what they thought was an average summer job is anything but.
Killer Pizza is a front for a secret organization of monster hunters. The head of the whole operation, Harvey, wants to recruit all three teens as his newest MCO’s (Monster Combat Officers). Toby and the others discover that monsters really do exist and a pack of them is currently terrorizing Hidden Hills. What follows is a high energy monster hunt full of stakeouts, deadly crossbows, illegal breaking and entering car chases and intense fight scenes.
I predict that this will be a popular read in my media center, as the title alone is enticing. Killer Pizza will most likely be enjoyed by boy or girl readers, especially those who enjoy reading R.L. Stine. Its a very entertaining read and I kept wanting to read so I could figure out what would happen next to Toby and his team.
Greg Taylor has written an action packed first time novel and I really had fun reading it. I could also see it as a movie in the future; totally has the movie vibe! I also just found out that the second Killer Pizza novel Killer Pizza: The Slice, came out this past June.
On another note, the book even includes a recipe for Toby’s own Dragon’s Breath Pizza. I may even actually try to make it!