It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, which is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Top Ten Tuesday was created to share a love of lists and all thins bookish and I really like it because it allows me to get to know other bloggers better.
This week’s theme is My Top Ten Bookish Confessions. We all have them! So, it’s time to confess out bookish secrets and get them out there for the world to see. I know I can’t be the only crazy person out there…right?
Please tell me I’m not alone!
1. I dog ear books. (As I type this my husband shakes his head in disappointment.) I know this will probably make many of you gasp in horror upon reading this so I just had to put it out there. Sometimes, I just can’t find a bookmark. It is what it is.
2. I always have overdue fines at my local library. Like every time. I’m pretty sure I am single-handedly financing my public library. I try to renew or return them on time, but I have so many books out most of the time, one or two are bound to slip my mind once in a while. At least my library gets something out of it!
3. I love Christian Amish Fiction. Lets be clear here. Not Christian Fiction. Christian AMISH Fiction. There is just something so mysterious and intriguing about the Amish community that I can’t help but love reading about them! This genre is usually pretty darn cheesy, but oh so fun!
4. I’m a Librarian that Lies. Sometimes I tell students a book is checked out, even if it’s not, because I want to read it really bad. I sometimes don’t want to wait the two weeks for them to return the book (if they even return it on time). Sometimes I just have to tell them it’s out and I’ll put them on the waiting list for when I finish rea…uhh…when it’s returned.
5. Sometimes I choose books over people. Sometimes I’d rather be reading than actually living real life and spending time with real people. Don’t get me wrong, I love my real life friends, but my fictional friends are just so much fun. So, for real, I’ve definitely skipped out on social events to read.
7. I generally like everything I read. You might be thinking, “No way, she’s lying”, but I swear it’s true. I’m afraid this means I’m unable to determine a good from a bad one. But I think it’s just because I stay away from books I know I’m not going to enjoy, like sad books that are going to make me cry, or books that are too dark. I really do just stay away from them.
7. I judge books by their covers. I know, I know! This is something we’re taught as little kids. I get the deeper meaning underneath the saying, but I’m talking about the bookish meaning here. Yes, I do judge books by their covers. So honestly, the covers I’m usually drawn to are those with have girls in pretty gowns on them.
8. I want to hug all the books. When I walk into a bookstore I get this overwhelming desire to hug all the books. All of them. It just washes all over me and I want to linger and touch them all. Le sigh…
9. I hate the “r” word. Lets get serious for a minute here. I will most likely stop reading a book if the word “retard” is in it. I seriously can’t believe that its the year 2012 and this word is still commonly used by educated people. This word is just so hurtful and I can’t handle it.
10. I talk to strangers in bookstores. If I’m in the YA or MG section I will recommend books to people browsing there. I’m pretty sure this is probably sketchy as I have been known to talk to teenagers I don’t know, about books. People probably take one look at me and whisper to their children, “Stay away from the crazy-eyed lady touching all the books, Sweetie…”
Now that I’ve just bared my soul to you, it’s your turn to confess your bookish secrets. Please help me know that I’m not alone out there!