Who likes loosing themselves in a good old fashioned historical drama? Downton Abbey perhaps? Reign? Pride and Prejudice? The Tudors? North & South perhaps?!
In my world historical dramas are always a positive! No wonder then why I tend to be drawn towards historical fiction when choosing books! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about YA titles for fans of the wonderful world of period dramas!
- Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross. Takes place in Paris in 1889 at the height of France’s beautiful era.
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron. Historical fiction inspired by the mystery surrounding Welbeck Abbey in Nottinghamshire, England and the 5th Duke of Portland.
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. Historical fantasy set in a medieval Brittany. There are assassin nuns. Yup.
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell. This coming of age drama is set in South Florida post World War II…intrigue and seductions abound!
- Manor of Secrets by Katherine Longshore. An upstairs/downstairs drama set in a 1911 England.
- The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. It’s Manhattan 1889 and this is a historical drama full of gossip, fashion, wealth, and romance.
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory. Picture it…Italy 1453! (ha!) The Goodreads summary says that “dark myths, medieval secrets, intrigue, and romance” populate this one! It was surprisingly fun!
- The Diviners by Libba Bray. This supernatural drama is set in New York City at the height of the Roaring Twenties!
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Another supernatural period drama only this time we’re in a Victorian English boarding school!
- Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould. A mysterious secret society of women handle things their own way in a 1580s Venice.
Clearly I have a type. Pretty period costume? Check. *nods in approval*
So, what do you think? Are there any other YA period dramas you’d recommend to those of us who love them?