Happy Tuesday everyone!
We all know that Valentine’s Day is this Friday and while some of you may eschew this particular holiday, some of you may be in the mood for some majorly swoon worthy reads to cuddle up with. Well, you’re in luck because this week’s Top Tuesday theme is centered around romance!
I read tons of books and most of them involve some sort of romance, because I just like it. Now, I’ve actually done this theme before and it feels too soon to do it again the same way, so this year I’m going to focus on Fantastic Swoons…romances that take place in a fantasy setting of some sort.
1. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. This book is kind of like a historical fantasy and there is some major romantic tension between two of the characters.
2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson. Most of the swoon making happens in the second and third book, but you have to read book 1 to get the whole picture!
3. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. If you enjoyed The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern, you’ll like the romantic tension in this one too…it has a similar feel.
4.The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Seriously, there is some mad romance going on in these steampunk books.
5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. The heat in this one isn’t in your face, instead it simmers just below the surface.
6. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray. Kartik and Gemma. Say no more!
7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Po….be still my heart!
8. A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce. Super creepy but super swoons too.
9. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. I love a good romantic fairy tale retold.
10. Fire by Kristin Cashore. A fabulous fantasy with an even better romance!
Like I said before, if you like a good fantasy and a lot of romance thrown in these books are sure to get you in the mood for Valentine’s Day!
Are there any romantic fantasies that aren’t on my list but I should know about? Go ahead and share them in the comments below!