Hello there and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today is the day to talk about love and romance!
But I’m not here to talk about love between two people, I’m here to talk about love between a girl (or guy!) and her BOOKS!
Yes, you know that warm fuzzy feeling you have in your heart for books? The way you spend hours and hours gazing into the pages of books? The way you fall in love with fictional characters?
Yes, that’s right. BOOK LOVE! I has it! And I know that a lot of you out there have it too! Let’s talk about the ways in which we show our book love to the world!
1. Talking about books. First and foremost I ADORE talking about books I’ve read or am reading with pretty much anyone who will listen! This is one of the reasons I know being a librarian is the perfect job for me. I get to talk to my students about books ALL the time and I’m PAID to do it! I love hearing my students yell, “Hey Ms. W! I finished that book you told me about!” as I walk around campus.
2. Clothing. One way I like to show off my book love is by wearing it on my sleeve…literally. Bookish clothing is always so fun!
3. Mugs. One of my favorite things to do while reading is sipping a nice warm cuppa! These are actually my two most used mugs (you can tell my the chip in the “Mrs. Darcy” one.
4. Jewelery. Books are really a girl’s best friend, so bookish jewelery is a fabulous way to declare your love of books.
5. Book photos. I take pictures of my books and post them on Instagram for my friends to see. Seriously. Book love makes you do crazy things.
6. Book bags. I’m pretty clear about which of my book boyfriends really and truly has my heart!
7. Bookish events! I love going to author visits or other bookish events. They happen rarely in Orlando, so when I find one I make sure I’m there!
So you see, there are tons of ways us book lovers (lovahs’?!?!) can declare our feelings for books. What are some of the ways you show your book love?!